Notice on the Campaign to Clamp Down on “Black Cards”
According to law and regulations including the Resolution of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress on Strengthening Information Protection on Networks, the Telecom Regulations of the Peoples’ Republic of China and the Provisions on the Registration of Real Identity Information of Telephone Users, the registration of real identity information of telephone users (hereafter “real name registration”) has become mandatory with effect from 1 September 2013, and the rate of real name registration among telephone users has increased gradually. In order to further prevent criminals from committing crimes with unregistered UIM/SIM cards, protect the legal rights of the people as well as ensure national security and social stability, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the Ministry of Public Security and the State Administration for Industry and Commerce will jointly carry out a national campaign to clamp down on “black cards” from 1 January to 31 December 2015. Requirements of the campaign are as follow:
1. Telephone “black cards” refer to unregistered mobile phone UIM/SIM cards (including wireless internet access cards) that are used by criminals to spread pornographic content, engage in phone or text message scam or even organize terrorist activities.
2. Our Company will strictly impose the real name registration policy. From 1 February 2015, when processing new subscriptions or confirming service provision, our Company will use a designated mobile application (APP) to verify user identity information; from 1 September 2015, the 2nd generation ID card identification equipment will be used to verify customers’ ID cards, and user identity information will be automatically collected by the system. We will no longer commission sales channels that are not equipped with the 2nd generation ID card identification equipment to process new subscriptions.
3. Apart from the sales outlets of our Company, no sales channel will process new mobile phone UIM card subscriptions (including wireless internet access cards) (hereafter “UIM card”) for holders of valid identity documents other than the Resident ID Card.
4. When processing new subscription or confirming service provision for corporate/organization customers, our Company will verify the identity document of the actual user of the UIM card and record the relevant identity information, so that all UIM cards are associated with their actual users. As to industry-specific wireless internet access cards, we will register the information of the responsible corporation/organization and the responsible individual. The responsible corporation/organization and the responsible individual should not resell the industry-specific wireless internet access cards or use them for other purposes.
5. Our company will verify the identity information of users with five or more registered UIM cards. In the case of false, missing, inaccurate and incomplete information, the user is obliged to visit our sales outlets to submit the required information soonest.
6. Corporations/organizations and users should purchase UIM cards or apply for new subscription through legal channels. Please refer to the notice of our Company for our online and offline sales points. When purchasing a UIM card or applying for new subscription, please co-operate with our company and the relevant sales channels on real name registration. When purchasing a UIM card from our company or our authorized online sales channel, please comply with our “dual verification” requirement: The customer is required to upload a scanned image of their ID card when selecting the UIM card and number – the UIM card will only be dispatched after the user identity information has been verified. When the UIM card is delivered, the user is required to present the original ID card, which is the same as the scanned image submitted, for verification.
7. Our company will not provide any service for customers using false, forged or stolen identity documents. Corporations/organizations or customers should provide real, valid identity documents when purchasing UIM cards. In the case of sales channels or individuals using false, forged or stolen identity documents to purchase UIM cards, the police will prosecute those responsible according to the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Resident Identity Cards and other relevant regulations.
8. Corporations/organizations or customers are reminded to safeguard all UIM cards that have been registered under real names and not to dispose of them carelessly. In the case of change of user identity information or service termination, please visit our sales outlets for account transfer or termination, so as to prevent criminals who happen to take possession of the UIM cards from committing crimes.
Thank you for your attention.
China Telecom Corporation Limited Shanghai Branch
"This document is an English translation of the original Simplified Chinese text. In the event of discrepancies between the original Simplified Chinese text and the English translation, the Simplified Chinese text shall prevail. For inquiry, please contact China Telecom via Customer Service Hotline 10000 or visit our sales outlets."
Copyright Reserved 2014 China Telecom Corporation Limited.
[ Value-added Services of Telecommunication Permit: A2.B1.B2-20090001 ]
ICP License: 京 ICP 备 09031924号